Recently on my mind: Dun lose weight.

Previous Posts

Archives

More Bloggers


My CaReLeSs WhIsPeR-Think UNIT TRUST, Think Agnes

Sunday, August 14, 2005
My Convocation-The Walk Of Honour
Caution: Reading this post will take some time. I put them in diff color, hope it will assist you in reading. Enjoy!

I got up around 5am. Had fast breakfast and spent the rest of the minutes putting on my ‘baju kurung’(malay traditional costume) and my make up. Left my house with both my parents around 6 smth and we reached Dewan Seri Negeri before 7am. The big day was still young, the sky was dark but the best parking spots were all taken. Wht? Anyway, parents arrival time was from 7am to 8.20am. We’re afraid that we might not be able to get good parking space, so we went there early…that’s why.

Bumped into Joanna and we went to the auditorium to get ourselves registered. Then we were all asked to stay in there. After a while, we were led into the convo hall juz opposite the auditorium. The hall and the lightings were beautiful. There was also music played by some malay musical instruments like the ‘kompang’, ‘rebana’, ‘gong’ and others. These Malay traditional tunes tinged the westernized event with a Malaysian Flair. Awesome..

Loud clapping filled the hall upon the arrival of Our chancellor, Dr. Siti Hasmah. Then a grand procession of academics filed down the aisle led by a man carrying our university emblem. The ceremony started with the presentation of E-Bee, some digital animation show created by FCM students. After that was the speech giving by the chancellor. There were a total of 3 faculties in my session. The presentation of scrolls started with FCM, followed by my faculty FBL and lastly FET.

We all were really nervous when its our turn to go on stage hehe. We can’t help straightening our robes and adjusting our mortarboards (in lay men term...square hats) again and again hehe. I guess it was becoz we’re gonna be featured on the big screen and we wanted to look our very best for our proudest moment. Plus, we’re also afraid of our mortarboards that might drop off our heads, or tripped over our robes, and stumbled on stage in front of so many ppl. But it was fine with me :) I juz gotta made sure I walked very very carefully. Thankfully, everything went really well. I remembered that every second, from the moment they scanned my smart card, and my name was mentioned, the staff telling me when to start walking, then I greeted my Dean, Dr Leo Desmond Pointon, walking along the red carpet which I called it ‘The Walk Of Honour”, the lil cheer I get from the audience hehe, shaking the chancellor’s hand, and she congratulated me while I received my long-awaited, after years of hard work and determination, hard-earned scroll from her hand..smiling so sincerely ;) When I walked back to my seat, I can see my dad at the back, standing and giving me a wave. I’m glad to make them proud, oh yeah ;p I guess there aint many times in this 22 years I did things that they would feel proud for. But I do know they’re the proudest parents when I received my BM Penulisan Trophy back in Primary 6.

It was a formal ceremony and I thought we shouldn't cheer or even make any sound thru out the ceremony. But that wasn't really the case. The hall reverberated with cheers during the presentation of the scrolls to the grads. The popular ones would be getting loud cheers from their frens on the floor, ie the intensity of the cheer you get indicates how popular or how well-known you are in university. I guess some are popular for their good grades, some for their looks and some for being big time jokers/'crappers'. Wahahaha..so if u wanna get big cheer from your frens, be famous! Or you might wanna consider letting yourself be the very last person to receive the scroll for the session hahaha. And, if you like some gal/guy, make sure the frens you told won't be shouting her/his name when you go on stage man. That happened for a few grads. I remembered a gal went on stage and her frens shouted "Jonathan". Haha her parents must be wondering since when their daughter's name has been changed to Jonathan. Wahahaha….

*This reminds me of the 'Ajaran Sesat' story and I adi feel like laufing now…ctrl~ Will tell u later on*

It was such a touching moment when we sang Permata Dunia, our university’s song. I recalled the time we used to sing it during orientation days, 4 years ago. Mannn…I didn’t dare to recall much, instead I juz sticked my eyes to the big screen coz I din wan to end up end up with tears. Trust me, I could have. Anyway, in the mmu video they’re playing, there was one scene of my club’s president (Creative Arts Club) receiving the Malaysian Book Of Record award for our longest record breaking rangoli from the person in charge. Mana muka gua? Wahahaha…me and Joanna were feeling so proud of it too though we’re not featured in there hehe.

The ceremony ended at about 11.30am. I got a few msg-es before we came out, telling me that they have arrived. But this particular one made me happy coz he initially din give me any confirmation whether or not he can make it. "
Fren: Hey Im here already, waiting for u outside ;p"

First, I met up with my parents. They congratulated me.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usMy beaming parents and me.

After that I went to meet my cousins and other frens. Some frens from Accounting and Epsilon who couldn’t make it there, have informed me earlier though. I din stop glancing around looking for that fren though. I failed to see him around but later I got this sms.

Fren : I saw you, you look very happy. Congratulations.
Me: Come to the main entrance here, quick.
Fren: I have to go to work already. You look very pretty today. Enjoy urself.

I tried to call, but the line couldn’t get thru. Told siewlin about it, she used her phone instead to make a call to him. The phone rang for quite some time. No answer.

I know I won’t feel sad if he didn’t see me anywhere and left. But this wasn’t the case man coz he actually saw me, from who-knows-where! I tried hard to locate him, but I wasn’t successful. He could have juz walked up to me and congratulated me straight to my face. Nope. Maybe this doesn’t sound like a sad tale to most of you, but to me, its really pathetic coz he is one good fren of mine. He sent me sms later that night, saying that he was very sorry for what he did. He too said that he really couldn’t face it. It? What ‘it’? The fact that he wasn’t a graduate like wat he said? I couldn’t be bothered to ask further. I din want myself to look like I’m pushing him too much anyway..Whatever!

I know what the main reason was now. I’ll consider if I can share it with u ppl later.

My bunch of good frens were there. Too cool to be true ;p

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usSense one missing person? We all know who u are. Sob sob sob…Why can’t u be there oh?? :(

Me and my coursemates were supposed to gather at the designated spot for photo-taking. But the plan failed. The sheer size of crowd was mind boggling and we couldn’t meet each other, plus some needed to leave early for studio photo shoots. Besides, guess they needed to get their parents some food as parents were not allowed to leave the hall at all for food and stuff throughout the ceremony. But at least we frens had taken photos during the rehearsal day wearing our robes. Remember that bunch of desperado in lecture hall? So being a desperado is not alwiz a bad thing, you see :p

Took photos with a few of my frens though…the most significant one would be…hey ANIW, I get to take a photo with our FBL ‘cun-est’ guy man kakakaka. LKS lah, who else. Too bad for you other readers, he isn’t able to send me the pic now. Damn, or else I can consider posting it up right away hehehe~

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usMy bouquet of 12-stalk roses. Wanna know who gave me this? Make sure you stay tuned for Post-Convo and my personal thank-you speech! They’re up next :)

hey, CONGRATULATIONS again to ya!!

i'm just curious though, who was that "mystery person" who told you that he/ she saw you from afar and congratulated you via sms but refused to approach you to congratulate you in person? hmmmm... i wonder....

i think i know who that person is..... seriously i think i do....

let me give you a few hints ya......
1)that fella is a guy
2) he's a SUPER nice guy
3)he's working as a draftsman....or something' (hey, ihope that u dont get mad when i give u this hnt ok)- i'm not sure how many people actually knew that he's a draftsman....
4) he's a SUPER, SUPER, SUPERRRRRRRRRRR nice guy and one who i told you to "you know what"

hmm.. i'm right, right?
ahhahahhahaa

hey, i can really see that your parents are damn proud. sob, how i wish i could make my parents feel the same way about me..... well... next year then.. huh?


hmm... who's that missing person i wonder?... *curious*


o and finally, i think i do know what that "mystery fella" meant when he told you that he couldnt face "it"....and i dont think it had got anythin' to do with not being a graduate at all......

ahhahaaaa  

_____________________

Fuiyoh….out of so many guys, what makes you think that its this particular person whom you think he is ar? I also wonder hahaha…

I’m gonna reveal who he is though I can only tell you he is a guy. Gotta respect ppl’s identity also ma ;p

As for the draftman, juz for your info, he switched to a new job adi…

“o and finally, i think i do know what that "mystery fella" meant when he told you that he couldnt face "it"....and i dont think it had got anythin' to do with not being a graduate at all......”
-Duh..i already made it clear in my blog la, who wouldn’t know that man hahaha…

"let me give you a few hints ya......"
-Wahhh...it seems like I have told you too many secrets of mine…full tank adi huh? Dun worry, important ones are still safe with me hahahaha…  

_____________________

hey..Kenny ask why u didn't upload his photo in ur blog?LOL..*SAD*
anyway congrats!  

_____________________

Post a Comment